martes, 4 de agosto de 2009

Preparing the next tournament at august 29th

Our metagame has different decks because we are not able to play proxies (lucky!). My forecast for the next tournament is an increase of control-combo decks, fish decks (vs combo), BUG, Oath and maintain the Tezzeret, Stax and Ichorid decks after the july tourn.

On July the top 8 was:
2 Tezz decks (Miguel Ángel Rodríguez* won-Miquel Alcoriza)
2 Ichorid (Fernando Yanguas-Jordi Carbonell)
1 Red Fish (Omar Nieto)
1 Mud (mine- Xavier Hurtado )
1 Melforks (Ferran Relat)
1 Repeal Tendrils (Guillem Ragull)

After the 7th event, the global classification is:

1. Miñon, Carles ... 126 (***)
2. Ragull, Guillem ... 116
3. Hurtado, Xavier ... 114
4. Gonzalez, Ruben ... 105 (***)
5. Muntada, Xavier ... 97
6. Alcoriza, Miquel ... 91
7. Siles, Gerard ... 89 (***)
8. Hernandez, Eduard ... 86
9. Cantero, Pau ... 83
9. Nieto, Omar ... 83
11. Perea, Luis ... 80
12. Carbonell, Jordi ... 78

This year I played the following decks: Aggro Mud, TPS and …that’s it!
I’m preparing a new deck for the following tournament and I tried to anticipate because at the end… I haven’t time and I play the same and… I want to change

From my analysis after restrictions of TKF I see that are better drawing engines:
- Skeletal scrying is the better
- Intuition (2)

What I don’t see is Frantic search because you loose one card: frantic+discard 2 vs draw 2… like Bazaar of Baghdad in blue… I’m not agree with accumulated knowledge because you have to do 4 slots and it’s full of hate vs graveyard (Ichorid decks) and I’m not agree with this card
A card with possibilities is impulse because you manipulate 4 cards on library and put down the cards don’t necessary (like a mini tutor)

After this considerations If I would play a blue deck I would include the following cards:
- 3TKF
- +1 Skeletal
- +2 Intuition (mini gift ungiven)

One card with less power now is Darksteel colossus discartable card with TKF vs Inkwell leviathan after the increase of fish decks (swords,…) but the meta is full of hurkyl’s recall, rebuild and some decks brings directly diabolic edict on main base

On the past the fight of meta was divided by Yawmg. Will vs Not (as I could read on Stephen Menendian repport) but now… there are 1 open front more: Null rod and NOT (vs Tezz decks and Stax) and graveyard war (Ichorid-combo)
We could include 3 big groups of decks:
- Graveyard power (Control Combo-Ichorid decks)
- Artif power (Stax, Mud, Tezz and control)
- Anti Artif (BUG, Fish)

These are my reflections and I’ll update after my workstation tests and now I have to choose one groups :)

1 comentario:

  1. Congratulations fot consider the idea of changing the deck you usually plays..

    Play Combo Hurty chan is the more funny you can play... xDxDxD and after the restriction of TFK is the more unafected type of deck actually.

    Good luck Xavier!!!!

    ResponderEliminar