viernes, 7 de agosto de 2009

ICHORID

¿Why not Ichorid?



I could select Mana Ichorid or mánales ichorid… here are the deck lists:

Mana Ichorid:

3 Gemstone Mine
3 City of Brass
4 Cephalid Coliseum
4 Bazaar of Baghdad
2 Cephalid Sage
1 Flame-Kin Zealot
3 Putrid Imp3 Golgari Thug
3 Fatestitcher
4 Narcomoeba
4 Ichorid4 Golgari Grave-Troll
4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Breakthrough
3 Dread Return
4 Cabal Therapy
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Lotus Petal
4 Bridge from Below

Sideboard
4 Pithing Needle
4 Darkblast
4 Chain of Vapor
3 Wispmare

Manaless Ichorid:
4 Bazaar of Baghdad
2 Cephalid Sage
2 Dryad Arbor
2 Flame-Kin Zealot
4 Golgari Grave-Troll
4 Golgari Thug
4 Ichorid
4 Narcomoeba
4 Stinkweed Imp
3 Street Wraith
4 Bridge from Below
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Chalice of the Void
3 Dread Return
4 Leyline of the Void
4 Serum Powder
4 Unmask

Sideboard:
3 Bayou
2 Ancient Grudge
1 Contagion
3 Emerald Charm
4 Oxidize
2 Sickening Shoal

You could make little changes but not very significant based on your own metagame

Personally I don’t like the decks unic card depaendant: in this case, is Bazaar dependant (ok includes Serum Powder…) but I played on a tournament (I make top 8 but…I didn’t fun, I had to mulligan 1, 2, 3…)

My purpose is to make a surprise effect: Usually I play Aggro Mud (no counters…), “pilot” ichorid won’t change the opponent strategy (thinking I play MUD)

I’m not agree with comments like: play ichorid Is for silly people, don’t have to think, and so on… I have to say that, if you play ichorid you can force mistakes to the opponent winning the rounds, you have to know exactly the pile effects, you will have disruption like unmask/cabal/chalice of the void. I think in the actual meta, if you play ichorid you will be BRAVE!!!

Advantadge: usually win game 1… but the actual Aggro MUD too, and MUD makes very pression to mulligan (thinking on 9 spheres)
Disadvantadge: all not Ichorid players hate Ichorid and the meta is fully of hate to the graveyard:

Pithing to bazaar
Yixilid to grave
Extirpates destroy you
Relic of progenitus
Tormod's crypt

On my forecasted metagame, I hope to find more Fish and combo decks… and fish is a bad pairing with the side fully prepared, and combo you will have to run faster and fight to his antigraveyard. What I hope to decrease is 5c stax after the last tourn, because they had a very bad results and less qty of BUG or TK (fully until now) and ANT
On our metagame there are more or less 10-14% of Ichorid decks

Other comments about the deck what is annoying to me is to have to shuffle very very well each time, and more times if you make some mulligans, … you are shufflying more the deck than playing… And my purpose is to entertain and get interaction with the opponent (this would be the same like MUD, on their turns I don’t do anything but on mine I have to draw and play)

This is why ….

DISCARDED!!!!!

3 comentarios:

  1. You say you expect more control-combo, fish, oath and similar number of stax, ichorid and tezz... so what kind of decks will decrease? Only pure combo? I haven't played LCV for a couple of months, but there is few aggro and not too much combo. Ichorid could even increase (if people has bazaars enough :p) and artifact decks could increase, they are increasing their results all around.

    Not a bad time to play red imho ;)

    Nice analysis up to now, kutgw!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. yes i forgot :) shure i'll update it
    Thanks Xouman too, I'll include the variations between the last championships because for example Combo (ANT) decreased

    ResponderEliminar